Are you struggling to move ahead from a broken relationship? Or Have you been having sleepless nights due to your fluctuating financial conditions? If so, then we would recommend you wear Tsavorite Garnet or place it in your vicinity during meditating. We will talk about this and many other aspects of Tsavorite Garnet in this blog to help you understand how this precious gemstone can help you move forward in life with positivity.
What is your Tsavorite Garnet?
Tsavorite Garnet is a vibrant, green gemstone of the Grossular Garnet family, which contains traces of vanadium and chromium which give it a green color. It is one of the most popular and expensive varieties of garnets that can be fashioned into any design. Hailing as one of the world’s finest colored gemstones, Tsavorite Garnet has a high refractive index and dispersion level which gives it brilliance and luster.
It is formed due to the Neoproterozoic metamorphic incident which happens in extensive folding and refolding of the rocks. These folding and refolding of the rocks result in inclusions which are the distinctive traits of the Tsavorite Garnet.
How to identify a Tsavorite Garnet?
Tsavorite Garnet is transparent to opaque with a glass-like luster. The high refractive index of Tsavorite Garnet gives it such brilliance and luster. To determine the value of the Tsavorite Garnet, you need to look at 4Cs- Cut, clarity, color, and carat.
Color is one of the important features of a Tsavorite Garnet. It is a balanced saturation level, hue, and tone which makes it an attractive Tsavorite Garnet. Too much saturation could result in a darker green shade, while under-saturation can lead to a pale green color. Look for a Tsavorite Garnet with even saturation.
Tsavorite Garnets are Type 2 gemstones which means that they usually have inclusions. Since the stone is transparent you can easily see inclusions like feathers, crystals, and needle-like impurities with the naked eye. Make sure to ask for HD images of Tsavorite Garnets that are clean to the eye.
While Tsavorite Garnet can be easily cut into ay popular gemstone shapes, it is usually available in oval and cushions. Make sure that the gemstone is well-proportioned and its weight is evenly distributed to maximize its size.
Since Tsavorite Garnets are difficult to extract, it makes them a rare gemstone, which means, finding even a 1-carat size Tavorite Garnet is difficult.
Other than these aforementioned ways, you can also run a Tsavorite Garnet through microscopic as well as magnetic tests. A microscopic test will confirm the presence of inclusion, indicating that the Tsavorite Garnet is authentic. A magnetic test on the other hand will confirm that it has an iron composition, making the Tsavoite real.
Tsavorite Garnet Shapes
As mentioned before, Tsavorite Garnets are cut in oval and cushioned shapes but there are other common shapes like rounds, marquise, emeralds, trillions, and pears.
Where is Tsavorite Garnet Found?
- Tsavorite Garnet is one of the rarest gemstones, found only in a specific geographical location which makes the extraction process complicated thus it is evaluated at a high price and considered valuable.
- It was first discovered by Campbell R Bridge, a gem prospector, and geologist, in the mountains of Simanjiro District of north-east Tanzania in a place called Lemshuko. It got its name from the famous Tsavo East National Park in Kenya.
- It can now be found in the Eastern African bushland along the borders between Kenya and Tanzania. It can also be found in the Toliara Province of Madagascar. Small deposits of the gemstone material have been found in the areas of Pakistan and Queen Maud’s Land in Antarctica.
Tsavorite Garnet Stone Meaning
Tsavorite is one of the world’s rarest garnets that is believed to be a sign of benevolence, prosperity, vigor, and compassion. It is said to help a person discover the beauty within themselves and others. It works wonders in helping a person recover from emotional trauma or illness and also supports cellular regeneration and growth within the body. People struggling financially should wear it, as it helps to reduce financial anxieties and boosts zest and vitality, thus enabling a person to become more clear and benevolent.
Tsavorite Garnet Meaning in Ancient Lore and History
Tsavorite Garnet holds strong historical value, as it was used by Ancient Greeks and Romans in sealing important documents and for a wide range of jewelry pieces. There was a strong belief that Tsavorite Garnet acts as a shield to the wearer and protects them from injury and poison, which is why warriors in the old time used to wear Tsavorite Garnet.
They have been symbolically associated with life force and said to counter melancholy, improve circulation, prevent hemorrhage, and fill the heart with the ability to do good deeds. Because of their association with life force, heart, and blood, Tsavorite Garnet was also considered a symbol of love with the ability to extend friendships.
Tsavorite Garnet Crystal Properties
One of the rarest and most coveted gemstones in the world, Tsavorite Garnet is from the family of Green Groosularia that owes its sparkling green color to the presence of Vanadium and Chromium in its chemical composition. The higher the concentration of Vanadium, the darker would be the green color. Furthermore, it is its high refractive index that makes the Tsavorite Garnet so lustrous.
Tsavorite Garnet Healing Properties
- Tsavorite Garnet is believed to heal the heart chakra. The heart chakra is closely associated with the feeling, emotions, and expressions that connect them with the outer world. When your heart chakra is imbalanced, it can lead to the person feeling constricted in a relationship or as if they are being controlled. Tsavorite Garnet helps a person becomes more aware of the ups and downs that come with a relationship by cleansing and balancing the heart chakras.
- Tsavorite Garnet is said to have strong healing properties especially when it comes to the physical health of the heart. It’s packed with energy that not only boosts the immune system but also helps the thyroid and pituitary glands. It helps in bringing down the effect of flu alongside minimizing the impact of pollen allergy and improving the health of kidneys and blood in maintaining a healthy body. It is also said to help a person recover from the impact of a respiratory problem and promotes the assimilation of Vitamin A in the body.
- They are said to also help in relieving the inflammatory condition and recover the body from any skin-related ailments. It is important to note that the wearers need to be patient to experience its holistic benefits as Tsavorite Garnet takes some time to work.
- People struggling to put their lives back together after the ending of a relationship can wear it to let go of the feeling of inadequacy.
Tsavorite Garnet Metaphysical Properties
A gemstone of the heart chakra, Tsavorite Garnet helps instill confidence in a person and gives them the strength to move forward in life, removing the burden of the past. Since it grounds the vitality of the heart chakra into physical realms, it can help a person unify their life goals with the here and now.
It stimulates and encourages a clear emotional state thus helping a person move forwards in life and let go of the sorrows of the past. When used alongside meditation, Tsavorite Garnet can help a person reach a state of spiritual awareness and higher consciousness.
Tsavorite Garnet Benefits
Tsavorite Garnet is said to help a person heal on physical as well as spiritual levels. Aside from boosting the immune system, preventing the contraction of infectious disease, and strengthening the health of the heart, Tsavorite Garnet is said to ward off the evil eye, deflect negative energy from a person and help a person live life with more positivity and a sound physical, financial and mental health.
Tsavorite Garnet Benefits Spirituality
Tsavorite Garnet is a beautiful, rare and powerful stone that is believed to not only help a person with physical and emotional healing but aid in spiritual healing as well. It can work wonders as an abundance stone, thus motivating the person to manifest and achieve what they desire. Furthermore, it is Tsavorite Garnet’s ability to improve life, promote the abundance of love, and enrich relationships, which makes it a powerful stone. There are more crystals that aid emotional healing, click here to know about them all.
Tsavorite Garnet is said to help the person realize their blessing and motivate them to work towards their dreams without getting fixated on what is missing from their life. It is said to have a powerful spiritual vibration that helps the wearer develop and strengthen their psychic communication, telepathy, channeling, and vision. It helps the wearer learn the value of abundance and strengthen their connection with the divine forces. They are also considered to be stone of patience and offers abundant support to the wearer throughout the different stages of life.
Tsavorite Garnet & Feng Shui
Feng Shui is one of the oldest practice wherein different objects in the home is arranged in a manner that helps in balancing the surrounding with the natural world. There are five elements in feng shui- earth, metal, water, wood, and fire. When we say, feng shui in your home, we basically mean balancing these five elements.
- An energizing stone that can be used to stimulate passion and success, Tsavorite Garnet removes any emotional or energetic blockage that could be coming in the way of achieving desirable outcomes from the efforts. When used right, it can successfully lead to energetic and emotional balance in the body and the surrounding.
- One of the best ways to include Tsavorite Garnet as a feng shui at home is by placing it in your meditation space and focusing all your energy on it. This is said to help develop a connection with the higher self.
- In order to cultivate inspiration and passion, Tsavorite Garnet can also be placed in the home office or work desk. This is said to help eliminate the feeling of inspiration and increases focus.
Tsavorite Garnet as a Birthstone
Different birthstones are linked to different months. A Tsavorite Garnet is a birthstone for the month of January and May. This makes it perfect for those looking for a symbolic representation of both months. Tsavorite Garnet is said to act as a protector stone for the Aries, who are in need of strength and courage to move ahead in life. It is also said to mirror the qualities of Leo, like its fiery energy to help them walk fearlessly and with grace in the path of life.
Tsavorite Garnet Chakras
- These beautiful green Tsavorite Garnets are heart chakra stones and higher heart chakra stones making them resonate to the two areas of the chakras. Opening the heart chakras means filling your body with love, life, forgiveness, and compassion.
- Aligning the heart chakras is especially important for those who have a tough time establishing and maintaining good relationships. When worn right, Tsavorite Garnet aligns the heart chakras which leads to the person feeling an overwhelming sense of joy and love.
- One of the best ways to make your heart chakra stonework is by fueling it with positive affirmations like I welcome love with an open heart, I forgive others and I forgive myself or I create supporting, loving relationships that are good for me.
- Another method to ensure that your heart chakra is aligned is by keeping the Tsavorite Garnet within your auric field so that it will resonate with you. You can keep it in your pocket while meditating or place it in the vicinity of your heart chakra area to help you fill it with the positive energy of love and forgiveness.
What are the Uses of Tsavorite Garnet?
Aside from the ornamental uses like earrings, pendants, rings, and more, Tsavorite Garnet is extensively used to help bring back the passion, self-confidence, sensuality, positive energy, success, and inspiration to life. It can be used to:
- Improve the immune system: With its unbeatable healing properties, it fights off germs, makes the immune system stronger, and restores the healthy self.
- Ward off evil eye: It strongly averts negative energy to help the person live life with a positive attitude and energy.
- Strengthen bonds and relationships: By instilling forgiveness and passion in oneself, Tsavorite Garnet helps in building and strengthening relationships.
- Enhance physical and mental health: Sound mental health directly impact physical health. Tsavorite Garnet helps in reinstilling positivity, self-confidence, and love, which enriches mental as well as physical health.
- Create a positive surrounding: It helps nurture the mind and soul of the person by creating positive surroundings.
- Boost your financial status: Individuals looking for some financial stability in their life should wear Tsavorite Garnet.
Caring for Tsavorite Garnet
Since Tsavorite Garnets are sturdy, hard, and durable stones, it is very easy to take care of them.
When to Cleanse Tsavorite Garnet?
- To ensure that your precious Tsavorite Garnet jewelry lasts a lifetime, it is important to take them to a professional to get them tightened and cleaned holistically as a part of your annual maintenance regime.
- You can also clean Tsavorite Garnet with a soft cloth, and some warm and soapy water. It is important to make sure that the gemstone is thoroughly cleaned in order to remove any residue left by soap.
- To ensure that your Tsavorite Garnet stays spotless for a lifetime, we recommend wrapping it in a soft cloth and storing it away from other pieces of jewelry, in order to avoid any scratches.
It is important to note that you should avoid putting Tsavorite Garnet under sudden temperature changes and never use steam to clean it. You can also use ultrasonic cleaners, but make sure to check for any preexisting crack or fracture before doing so.
How to Recharge Your Tsavorite Garnet?
As you continue to wear Tsavorite Garnet to protect yourself from negative energy, you need to understand that it is absorbing the energy it is protecting you from. This is why it is important to recharge your Tsavorite Garnet before and after every healing session. Charging is a way to help fill the crystal with energy from the sun, moon, earth, and water. Some of the ways by which you can charge your Tsavorite Garnet are:
- Full moon: Full moon is one of the best times to clear and charge your Tsavorite Garnet. You can charge your Tsavorite Garnet by putting it in a bowl and placing it under direct moonlight. You can also prepare moon water on a full moon night and rinse the Tsavorite Garnet in it.
- Ground: This is one of the most potent ways to charge your Tsavorite Garnet with all the energy of the ground. You can put it in a jar and bury it in the ground for a week for it absorbs all the energetic properties of the ground.
- Incense: It is one of the oldest methods of cleansing and recharging Tsavorite Garnet. Burn some sacred herbs like sage, cedar, or incense like sandalwood and pass the crystal through the smoke for about 2-3 minutes.
Tsavorite Garnet Activation Process
It is important to activate Tsavorite Garnet at least once a month after charging to ensure that it is completely filled with positive energy to ward off negativity from your life. One of the highly recommended ways to activate Tsavorite Garnet is by putting it in a bowl full of water and placing it under direct sunlight. Sun is a source of life and light to the universe and it will fill the crystal with abundant energy to bring positivity to your life. Make it a point to keep it in the sunlight for a few hours and then wear it.
How much is Tsavorite Garnet worth?
Tsavorite Garnet is a rare, valuable, and expensive stone. Owing to their rarity, the Tsavorite Garnet is priced between $1000 to $1900 for its 2-carat range. If you are planning to purchase 5-carat ones, they exceed $7000 per carat. It is predicted that its price is only going to increase exponentially in the coming 10 years, which makes it a great investment.
What determines Tsavorite Garnet’s price and value?
Tsavorite Garnet is one of the rarest Garnets, the price of which depends upon the size, quality, and color. Its value per carat weight increases with the size because of the fact that it is rare to find them in bigger sizes. The smaller sizes, specifically those less than 1 carat are relatively common.
Talking about its value, it is important to consider that while the mining takes place throughout the year, certain mining locations are hard to reach which complicates the extraction process, thereby increasing Tsavorite Garnet’s price and value.
Tsavorite Garnet Impact
Owing to its sparkling green color that resembles that of an emerald, its durability, and its rarity, Tsavorite Garnet is making waves in the jewelry market. It is being used by many high-end jewelry designers like Dior, and luxury jewelry companies like the famous French company Van Cleef & Arperls.
Does Tsavorite Garnet make a Good Jewelry Stone?
The best part about Tsavorite Garnet is its versatility which makes it easy to be used for different forms of jewelry. A durable and relatively less expensive than emerald, this stone is found in different hues like orange, purple and green. They can be crafted into daily wear jewelry as well as special occasion jewelry be it engagement rings, stud earrings, or pendants. We suggest wearing Tsavorite Garnet against your skin and this is when it is able to radiate its healing vibration and connect with your chakra.
Owing to its Moh scale rating, it is considered a practical stone that is preferred over emeralds. It has recently been used in the latest Haute joaillerie collection by Sous Les EToiles, Van Cleef, and Arpels and was also featured in Dior’s Tie and Dior high jewelry collection.
Tsavorite Garnet Real vs Fake
Now that we know the intricacies of Tsavorite Garnet, as a customer, it is important to know how can we differentiate a fake Tsavorite Garnet from the original one. Tsvaorites garnet can only be obtained through natural mining with the cut being the only enhancement. It can not be procured through any treatment or enhancement within the market. This makes it easy to identify an authentic Tsavorite Garnet from a counterfeit. There are three methods with which you can make the differentiation:
Place the said stone under a microscope and look for the signs of any bubbles in it. If it does not have bubbles, then it is authentic. This is because a treated gem is created from glass which leads to bubbles trapped in it. An original Tsavorite Garnet will not have any bubbles in it.
An authentic Tsavorite Garnet will have traces of impurities like feathers, and needles (but not bubbles) which get accumulated in the stone during the process of formation. A counterfeit on the other hand will be clear and free from impurities.
The Magnet Test:
Unlike glasses, Tsavorite contains traces of iron composition in it which means it will show magnetic properties. To find whether or not the Tsavorite Garnet with you is authentic or not, place it on a piece of Styrofoam in a bowl of water and then try to attract the stone with the magnet. Any movements in the stone would signal that the stone is the original Tsavorite Garnet.
We hope we were able to help you understand the different intricacies associated with the Tsavorite Garnet. Is there anything you would like for us to cover?
Summary of Tsavorite Garnet
|Name of Crystal||Tsavorite Garnet|
|Origin(s)||Kenya, Tanzania, Pakistan, Antarctica|
|Formation||Tsavorite Garnet is formed due to the Neoproterozoic metamorphic event which involves large-scale folding and refolding of rocks in the Neoproterozoic Metamorphic Mozambique Rock Belt.|
|Majorly Found at||South Africa|
|Zodiac Suited for||Aries, Leo|
|Crystal Meaning||It is believed to be a sign of benevolence, prosperity, vigor, and compassion. It is said to help a person discover the beauty within themselves and others. It works wonders in helping a person recover from emotional trauma or illness and also supports cellular regeneration and growth within the body.|
|Types of Crystal||Calcium Aluminium garnet|
|Healing Properties||Tsavorite Garnet is said to have strong healing properties especially when it comes to the physical health of the heart. It’s packed with energy that not only boosts the immune system but also helps the thyroid and pituitary glands. I|
|Health Benefits||It helps in bringing down the effect of flu alongside minimizing the impact of pollen allergy and improving the health of kidneys and blood in maintaining a healthy body. It is also said to help a person recover from the impact of a respiratory problem and promotes the assimilation of Vitamin A in the body.|
|Uses||Unify life goals, encourage a clear emotional state|
|Goes in Water?||Yes|
|Goes in Salt Water?||Yes|
|Goes in Rain Water?||Yes|
|Goes in Moon Water||Yes|
|Real||A real Tsavorite Garnet will have inclusion and won’t show any signs of bubbles under a microscope|
|Fake||It will not display magnetic properties and will be free from impurities|
What is Tsavorite Garnet used for?
Tsavorite Garnet can be used to make jewelry of any type. On the spiritual front, it is used to heal chakras, and boost zest and vitality.
How is Tsavorite Garnet formed?
Tsavorite Garnet is formed due to the Neoproterozoic metamorphic event which involves large-scale folding and refolding of rocks in the Neoproterozoic Metamorphic Mozambique Rock Belt.
Where should I put Tsavorite Garnet?
Tsavorite garnets can be worn as rings, earrings, bracelets, bangles, and other jewelry. To be able to take full advantage of Tsavorite garnet, we recommend it to be worn on the thumb.
How do you cleanse Tsavorite Garnet?
Clean Tsavorite Garnet with a soft cloth, a bar of mild dish soap, and warm water. You should avoid steam cleaning.
Is Tsavorite Garnet rare?
Yes, Tsavorite Garnet is a rare stone, which becomes difficult to obtain as the size increases.
How strong is Tsavorite Garnet?
Tsavorite Garnet is a very hard, and durable stone that rates 6.5-7.5 on a Mohs hardness scale.
How much is Tsavorite Garnet worth?
The price of the Tsavorite Garnet depends on the size, quality, and color. It can go from $35 to $1500.
How do you identify Tsavorite Garnet?
You can conduct a microscopic examination to look for bubbles, the presence of which will indicate it is a fake stone. The presence of inclusions like needles, feathers, or other impurities indicates it is an authentic Tsavorite Garnet.