Aquamarine is a blue assortment of Beryl. Aquamarine has a glassy radiance, and its shade can go from exceptionally soft to sparkling. However, the significance of Aquamarine is its intense brightness.
Here in this post, let us see the connection between Aquamarine and different types of water.
Suggested Post: Aquamarine Meaning: Healing Properties, Benefits and Uses
Before we proceed let us know a bit about Aquamarine. Aquamarine gets its blue tone from the presence of iron. Aquamarine is a hard stone yet fragile. Moh’s hardness is on the 7-8 scale (more significant than quartz), yet it is not rigid and will probably break when enough power is applied. If you want to know about the great healing properties that the beautiful Aquamarine crystal possesses, read here.
Can Aquamarine Go in the Water?
You can place Aquamarine in the water. That being said, before putting in water, know that there are a few conditions.
What do Aquamarine’s properties inform us regarding whether it should or should not go in the water?
Because Aquamarine is pretty complex and not water-soluble, we don’t see any problems washing it up in water or letting it soak in the water shortly. However, we do not recommend you soak Aquamarine in water baths for extended periods or frequently get it wet.
What Happens to Aquamarine when it is in water for long periods?
Rusting/Yellowing -However, due to the iron impurities present in some of the others, this is not a stone you want to allow to sit in water for extended periods. When the gemstones that include iron or other metals, for that matter, are allowed to rest in the water, those metals tend to start to rust.
- It can further create a yellowish color in cracks. Sometimes if the rusting is left to go on, you’ll start to notice reddish-brown color developing in the stone.
- Reduced Durability -While Aquamarine is generally a pretty hard gemstone, it is not exceptionally strong. Just like every crystal in your collection has fissures and cracks in its surface that are too tiny for you to see.
- There is a chance of forming microscopic cracks, and if later allowed, it develops in an Aquamarine stone; they would split apart from other gemstones of similar hardness.
- Damage to the completion -Another thing happens when you submerge beautiful shiny, well-finished Aquamarine crystals in water; for a long time, they come out of the water bath looking dull or even as though they are now a different color.
- When you put the stone in water for a long time, that polish can be washed away and leaves an entirely different complexion on the stone.
- The unknown reactions-The water can mix and react with minerals in the stone that you might not be aware of. For instance, you might not even know that your stone has much copper, so it will create toxic fumes when you put it in water.
Can Aquamarine go in the Sun?
Aquamarine is a moderately complex stone, but it is pretty sensitive to sunlight and extreme temperature. Therefore, summertime storage of Aquamarine should be in a cool and dry place, such as a jewelry box in an air-conditioned room.
Can Aquamarine go in Moon water?
You can make a gentle, cleansing solution by placing an Aquamarine in a glass of fresh water. Since most of the crystals are generally associated with the moon, try putting it somewhere overnight where it can absorb the moonlight, like on a windowsill.
Let this sit in full moonlight outdoors also, if possible, for three hours. Then, recover the stone and drink the liquid for purification and heightened psychic awareness.
The charge will be incredibly effective during a new or full moon.
Can Aquamarine Go in Saltwater?
Soak your crystal in saltwater for a few hours. This method can be a perfect way to cleanse Aquamarine, given its association with the ocean.
But if you submerge for more extended periods, the salt is dissolved in the water; the water carries the salt into the cracks. So the water and salt molecules push around in those cracks, encouraging them to get wider, allowing more water molecules to enter.
One more reason not to soak in salt water for a long time is, generally, these stones are glossed and polished with specific oils. So soaking the gemstone in water for a long time, especially with salt, has the effect of washing those oils away.
Few Benefits of Aquamarine Crystal
- Though there are numerous benefits of Aquamarine, we are mentioning a few here. Aquamarine has several uses in which the significant one is that it connects to be open and communicate effectively.
- The gem is known as a stone of courage and helps people defeat any anxieties linked with communication and expression like fear to talk in public.
- Crystal healers believe that teachers should wear Aquamarine to help them remain calm and not feel stressed while completing challenging tasks.
- Additionally, Aquamarine gemstones are used to serve and ease sore throats, swollen glands, and thyroid problems.
- Because of its calming properties, gem lovers believe that Aquamarine can regulate hormones and growth most helpful to any shift between stages.
If you are interested to know about the benefits of Aquamarine in detail, read here.
How would you clean your Aquamarine Crystal?
- The ideal way of cleaning an Aquamarine stone is to wash it in warm, foamy water. Arrange a small bowl and fill it with warm water. Soak your gemstone in it. Set your Aquamarine gems inside the bowl and let it drench for a significant length of time. Scrub gently, Rinse.
- Ensure the water you use to clean is not too hot because your beautiful bluish-green crystal goes into thermal shock.
- Aquamarine is a stone that also loves the rain. You can also leave it out in the rain the next time there is a spring or summer storm. Not only will this cleanse it with mother nature’s touch, but it will also attract power back in and up the vibrations.
How would you charge Aquamarine Crystal?
After cleaning and activating your Aquamarine and programming it with an intention, put your gemstone in a bowl of clean alkaline solution. Cover it with a lid on the container and place it in the sunlight for 2-4 hours, allowing it to charge fully.
Can we drink Aquamarine infused water?
1. Making your gem water with Aquamarine crystal is an effective way to use its healing properties. This water helps to revive and restore your mind, body, and spirit.
2. Drinking water infused with the energy of Aquamarine is the most brilliant and most powerful way known to give energetic liquidity to the body’s cells.
3. You can also use Aquamarine infused water to cleanse your environment and be used as healing frequencies to uplift the energies.
4. You can also leave the infused water outside for 24 hours, which will enable it to receive both full sunlight and moonlight energy.
5. Next, transfer the crystal-infused water to a spray bottle, which can be sprinkled on the neck, throat, and face for a radiant glow.
- Aquamarine is a relatively complex and robust stone, so it is perfectly acceptable to cleanse it in running water for several minutes.
- Heat exposure is not recommended for Aquamarine, though the gemstone color is stable against light exposure.
- Aquamarine might be attacked by hydrofluoric acid. A safe cleaning method for Aquamarine is with warm soapy water. Clean with ultrasonic and steam cleaners, and it is usually not reliable unless the stone has liquid inclusions or fractures.
- You may also want to add a bit extra charge to your Aquamarine crystal by keeping it in a bottle covered and leaving it in the moonlight overnight.
- Aquamarine transforms negativity by filtering it from your thoughts and the atmosphere. Therefore you should recharge the crystals after you have used them for this type of cleansing.
- Other methods of cleansing and charging include smudging with sage smoke and briefly submerging Aquamarine in saltwater.
- Though Aquamarine is a hard stone, it may be damaged by harsh chemicals. So don’t use alcohol or ammonia to clean Aquamarine. Though it might work on some of your other pieces of jewelry, those chemicals can damage the stone.
Wrap Up-To summarise, while it should be fine to use water to clean your Aquamarine gemstone, it is best not to submerge your Aquamarine or any of your essential crystals, minerals, or gem for extended periods.
The points referenced here in this article will assist you with staying away from irreversible harm to your Aquamarine stones and save both their beauty and worth. Kindly share this article and spread your love.