Are you looking for a stone that has both the benefits of healing as well as love and spirituality? Then, here is this soft pink stone of Kunzite for you to bless you with a great deal of love and virtuous values. Kunzite is a relatively new gemstone, initially discovered in California in 1902.
Let’s discover more about this beautiful charming glossy Kunzite stone and so keep reading below to know more about the meanings and properties of this amazing crystal.
What is Kunzite?
Kunzite is a glassy stone with a light pink tint by nature. The concept of love and devotion is connected to the pink-coloured Kunzite. Additionally, it comes in lilac and yellowish-green types in addition to being colourless. Colourless Kunzite is more aptly referred to as the Mineral Spodumene.
Kunzite origins from the name of George Frederick Kunz, after the renowned gemologist who was the first to recognise it as a distinct form of spodumene. The exquisite hue of kunzite is caused by minute levels of manganese present in it.
Stones like kunzite, which are known for harnessing potent qualities, have recently been used in more widely used therapeutic techniques. One look at the gentle shimmer of the stone is enough to soothe frayed nerves, decrease blood pressure, and saturate the heart and spirit with the full promise of heavenly love. This stone serves as a reminder that despite difficulties and difficulties, nothing is insurmountable, and that our greatest power comes from having a trusting and open heart.
How to Identify Kunzite?
Natural vertical striations and a flat shape are how kunzite forms. Spodumene is another name for Kunzite’s colourless kind. You must consider these crucial characteristics: Color, Cuts, Shape, and Texture, to recognise a genuine Kunzite. For more information, continue reading further.
- The main determining element for value in kunzite is colour. Checking your gemstone’s colour attentively should be your priority. The colour of a Kunzite gem will range from pink to pinkish violet. Since some kunzite will have a paler pink hue; these stones are usually sold for less money than those with deeper pink tones. Since kunzite is often exceedingly clear, inclusions that interfere with the gem’s transparency might lower its value.
- Manganese elements are responsible for giving it a pinkish-violet-type hue. The most common colour seen in it is pastel pink, although it may occasionally acquire intense violet to purple tones and other vibrant colours as well. The value increases with colour vibrancy.
- Irradiation and then heating can improve the colour of kunzite. Whether it is enhanced or natural, colour can deteriorate in hot and bright environments.
- The angle at which the Kunzite stone is cut such that the top displays the pinkest colour is constant. So carefully inspect the gemstone’s top; it should be quite pink in hue.
- View the stone from various perspectives. In contrast to diamonds, which have a refractive index of 2.417, kunzites have a refractive index between 1.66 and 1.68. The gemstone exhibits the pleochroism effect and is more likely to be genuine Kunzite if you can see varied colours in it as you move it.
What are the Cuts, Shapes and Hardness of Kunzite?
- There are many different forms and cutting techniques for kunzite. Step-cut stones are rather typical since many crystals are mostly inclusion-free.
- Check the gemstone’s size after determining its hue. It is far less likely to be Kunzite if the gemstone is tiny and carved into a ring or other little item of jewellery. Kunzite is typically cut into bigger proportions and used in rings with sizable stones or as pendants.
- Kunzite has so been known to simply disintegrate under the pressure of faceting. Additionally, the colour of kunzite is typically concentrated along its length or C-axis.
- A professional jeweller should usually conduct this test because a genuine Kunzite gemstone is exceedingly delicate and will break or chip if struck forcefully. Kunzite rates between 6 and 7 on the Mohs scale of hardness for gemstones.
- Touch the gemstone to feel its texture. It needs to have a smooth surface. It divides along highly distinct crystallographic planes that result in a smooth surface because kunzite has very good cleavage. Due to its extreme difficulty in faceting, it is typically cut by hand.
Where is Kunzite found?
San Diego County in California is a significant source of kunzite. In pegmatite deposits, kunzites are frequently discovered alongside gems like tourmaline and beryl.
The majority of kunzite is currently mined in Afghanistan, Madagascar, Brazil, and the USA with its usual vertical striations. It frequently occurs next to the well-known pink gemstones morganite and pink tourmaline. The crystals or portions of crystals, which are frequently severely eroded, can grow up to several kilogrammes in size.
Kunzite Crystal Meaning
One of the few naturally pink gemstones in existence is kunzite. While pink is the most common natural colour for kunzite crystals, it can also occasionally be found in colourless, light lilac, yellow, or green tints. The kunzite stone takes on a flat shape and is striated all along its surface. The pinker-hued stones are frequently linked to emotions of commitment, dedication, and love.
The allure of this gemstone is mostly due to its clarity and its gorgeous, delicate pink undertones, which are feminine and alluring. Because of its colours and clarity, it is a stone that is adored all over the world. The value of the stone increases with how vivid or colourful it is.
Kunzite Meaning in Ancient Lore and History
Kunzite is the newest gemstone in the Spodumene family and is relatively new compared to other gemstones. Kunzite was first found in the Pala District of San Diego County in California in 1902, when George Frederick Kunz, a mineralogist for Tiffany & Co., completely introduced this gemstone.
The gem was first found in Connecticut, but the first sizable deposit was located in the Californian region of San Diego. A chemical professor gave the mineral kunzite in honour of Mr Kunz the next year, in 1903.
Kunzite Crystal Physical Healing Properties
Kunzite throws a light on all cardiac and circulation issues because it is associated with the heart chakra. When used as a physical healing stone, kunzite has a magical effect on the entire circulatory system, maintaining a lovely flow of breath and ensuring that the heart muscles are warm and powerful.
It also possesses strong feminine energy, which helps with PMS symptoms and lessens reproductive-related issues in addition to boosting emotions. Additionally, kunzite offers its gentle, therapeutic energy to aid in the relief of migraines and the mending of physical stress symptoms. For those who are going through puberty, kunzite is also a wonderful stone to have nearby.
Kunzite Crystal Mental and Emotional Healing Properties
The stone’s tranquil, cooling touch is supposed to calm irrational thoughts and assist those whose emotions are raging. Additionally, it has the power to help people who frequently experience emotional shutdown. Kunzite will tempt you to come out of your shell. The soft energy is abundant in self-compassion and unwavering love.
This stone operates at a high vibrational level, which supports the development of our deeper relationships with others. The stone’s delicate pink tint symbolises tolerance, willingness, being open to all opportunities that present yourself, increasing empathy, and feeling free and uninhibited in your expression.
The capacity of the stone to assist in setting and upholding boundaries may be its most potent function in terms of emotional recovery. In addition to all of this, the stone’s colouring keeps it linked to a feeling of femininity and gentleness. This is thought to facilitate the body’s overall healing process, relieve migraines, and speed up the body’s ability to recover from physical stress.
Kunzite Crystal Metaphysical Properties
Kunzite is a pleasant stone with a strong affinity for the heart and love. It facilitates communication between the two by opening and uniting the heart and mind. It is also thought to soothe tensions and ease grief.
In addition to all of this, kunzite is a fantastic energy cleaner. You are left with a space that you feel is safe and sound for fostering your own emotional and spiritual growth when it swoops in and cleans the house, helping to ensure the cobwebs of mistrust and negative memories are wiped away.
Kunzite Crystal Spiritual Properties
Kunzite is a very spiritual stone. It will assist you in finding your source of unwavering love. The stone can help you feel grounded, centred, and deeply at peace. Its powerful vibrations can assist you in entering a profound state of meditation. This will always motivate you to act and think lovingly.
This gemstone’s beautiful, delicate pink makes it not only the perfect precious stone for lovers, but it is also well-known for its healing properties. According to the experts in gemstones, kunzite can increase a person’s capacity for dedication and understanding, provide inner tranquilly, and inspire a joyful appreciation of life in the wearer.
The stone also stimulates the mind and frees us from worry and anxiety; it is a superb gemstone for people who are stressed out or anxious about exams.
Benefits of Kunzite
The advantages of kunzite stones are mostly focused on the Heart and Crown. It is renowned for its medicinal properties, many of which have to do with love and spiritual harmony.
Many users turn to kunzite to help them create a profound unselfish love for everyone, achieve unconditional love, centre themselves, soothe their anxieties, and boost self-expression. The cardiac muscle and circulation system are improved by other therapeutic characteristics.
Additionally, the kunzite stone enables divine blessings and unending abundance to flow through your heart. The diamond is incredibly defensive and repels all traces of evil energy. It puts up a barrier that confines undesirable forces and outside influences.
Kunzite and Feng Shui
This is not the end of Kunzite benefits and uses as the kunzite gemstone has got amazing feng shui properties too. You can ask a piece of quartz to spread its energy and light throughout your house by placing it in a sacred area of your home.
The stone’s supple, ebb-and-flow characteristics will encourage kind dialogue, heightened empathy, and a potent nurturing dynamic. Consequently, you can protect your energy by filling your personal space with love and peace.
Pink Kunzite is one of the natural birthstones of those born in mid-autumn, between October 22 and November 20.
Kunzite is not a traditional gemstone. It is thought to be the stone of hot-headed Scorpios. Scorpios often exhibit fierce loyalty and stoicism, among their many other admirable traits. The harsher edges of the Scorpio star sign can be softened with kunzite’s assistance. Scorpios are prodded by the stone into a space where they can control those emotional surges without feeling as though they are drowning.
Beautiful benefits come from this pinkish Kunzite stone for Taurus as well. Similar to the Scorpio star sign, Taureans are noted for being stubborn and adamant in their approach. Kunzite, however, works by keeping Taureans a touch softer than their usual temperament permits. It induces a sentimental and sympathetic state.
Kunzite with this pink energy connects the heart and throat chakras. We may become emotionally unavailable, caged in, and unable to receive warmth from others when our heart chakra is blocked.
The heart chakra is the seat of our ability to give and receive love, trust, and appreciate beauty. If we can get rid of that obstacle, lovely energy will start to flow and we will be able to freely offer and receive love without worrying about getting caught up in unfavourable consequences.
Kunzite also has a connection to the head chakra, which serves as both a portal and a wellspring of spirituality for us. We make ourselves ready to ripe receptacles for all the magic, divine light, and guidance the world has bestowed upon us when our heart and crown chakras are open.
Summary of Kunzite Crystal
What are the Uses of Kunzite?
One reason to set a kunzite gemstone into jewellery, home or office is for someone who wants their emotions to be healed and one who wants to live life with more compassion. Bring the lovely pink energy of Kunzite into your life to shed those rough edges and become a little softer! Let’s now discuss its uses.
They can carry the stone with them everywhere they go if they use it in jewellery. As a spectacular stone when placed in gemstone jewellery, Pink Kunzite has the bonus of the stone’s stunning beauty.
Furthermore, wearing Kunzite jewellery that presses firmly against the skin allows you to be completely receptive to all of those powerful healing vibrations.
2. Home & Office
You can also use a piece of Kunzite quartz to embellish an altar or other sacred area in your home if you prefer feng shui magic. Other soft pink stones like Morganite, Rhodonite, and Rose Quartz love to receive the light and energy that Kunzite has to offer.
The bright energy of Kunzite only offers positive vibes, just like the gentle and flowing quality of early sunlight on water. In family circumstances or in places where there may be a conflict with roommates or lovers, its energy is very beneficial.
How do you Care for Kunzite?
Kunzite requires sensitive care and attention, just like all the other priceless healing gemstones, to unleash its full potential on the wearer.
- Use a gentle brush or towel and soapy water to clean kunzite. Keep strong cleansers, chemicals, ultrasonic cleaners, and steam to a minimum. To prevent the stone from scratching or being scratched by other objects, it is advised to store kunzite jewellery in a soft fabric bag or on its velveteen pad.
- Sunlight causes a kunzite gemstone to fade. This implies that if you ever wear kunzite jewellery during the day, you will gradually start to shorten its lifespan. The colour will gradually deteriorate the more heat and light it is exposed to
- Because the stone is so sensitive, be careful not to scrape it too vigorously or apply too much pressure. Additionally, you must make an effort to keep your gem out of the sun. The colour of your stone will fade if it is exposed to the sun too much.
When to cleanse Kunzite?
- To help it release any trapped energy, kunzite has to be cleaned every few weeks. Your stone will remain bathed in the light of supreme power and strength as long as you clean it with running water.
- Put your Kunzite stone under direct moonlight during a full moon to charge it up, and then let the feminine energy work its magic by filling it with ripe cosmic energy.
- Try to keep your Kunzite out of direct sunlight as doing so can cause the colour to fade. You can also bury Kunzite in a pot of nutrient-rich soil and let the earthly joy wash over it if you don’t want to wait for the full moon.
When and How to Recharge Kunzite?
The finest and only way to charge this precious stone is beneath the full moon. Charge your crystal in the positive light of the moon while it is full. This will enable it to discharge feminine vitality and incorporate mature cosmic energies into itself.
You can even bury your stone in nutrient-rich soil between full moon cycles so that the earth’s bounty can wash over it.
What is the Kunzite Activation Process?
Kunzite helps us to express our love and energy in a more elevated way. It is a stone with high vibrational energy. It strengthens the energy field surrounding the body when used in crystal body layouts or healing grids. The heart chakra is opened by kunzite, which also aligns it with the throat and third eye chakras.
From the deep, held areas of the heart, kunzite transmits the vibration of love to the outside world. The heart’s ability to recognise divine love and support is made easier by kunzite. The very core of one’s existence may be gently penetrated by a strong sense of tranquilly experienced while meditating with Kunzite.
To relinquish this strong energy of the stone, you need to have it recharged and activated. The best natural way is to place it under the moonlight, especially on a full moon night. This is the best and the easiest way. Other than this, you can bury the stone in the soil so that the nutrients of the soil can activate its divine energy.
How much is Kunzite worth?
There is no denying the strength and power that this lilac-coloured stone possesses which accounts for its expensive price. For several other reasons too, kunzite is expensive.
The main reason is that it’s difficult to find everywhere. The two countries that mine this stone the most are Afghanistan and Brazil, while some reserves are close by in Pakistan. With fewer deposits available, there is simply a supply and demand imbalance, which drives up the price.
Finding the most colourful stones requires effort because the colour fades with time. The deep pink stones are valuable because of their rarity.
The average price of kunzite in India, at the time of writing this article, is between Rs 1,500 ($20 approx.) and Rs 75,000 ($1000 approx.) per carat.
What determines Kunzite’s Price and Value?
- To put it succinctly, the price of kunzite truly depends on the colour of the pink. The price of a gemstone increases with how black it is. Alternately, kunzite will cost less the paler the pink tone. The stones with rich, deep pink colours are rarer than those that are extremely light and nearly colourless.
- The cut, size, and clarity of the gemstone are the only additional elements that might affect the cost of kunzite. Since kunzite is usually marketed in greater sizes, it is uncommon to locate a stone that is so tiny that you will eventually have to pay for a larger stone.
- Since every stone is unique, it might be challenging to calculate the overall price of one.
- As previously mentioned, sunshine causes kunzite stone to deteriorate. Therefore, it is advised to choose a deep pink stone. The price is also influenced by the specific markings on your stone.
The kunzite gemstone is said to have a strong affinity for the heart. It is believed that the stone can provide light on all issues relating to the heart and, in turn, circulation. This crystal functions as a body healer by assisting the wearer to maintain a steady breathing pattern that maintains a healthy heart and proper circulation.
Does Kunzite make a good Jewellery stone?
Due to its sensitivity to light, kunzite has acquired the byname: “evening stone,” making it the ideal stone for jewellery purposes to wear in the evening or at night. Thereby, Kunzite makes a good jewellery stone.
With a Mohs rating of 6-1/2, kunzite is a medium-hard stone that is suitable for most jewellery applications. A kunzite gemstone, however, can split if struck with a sufficient enough impact due to the stone’s pronounced cleavage. It is essential to take off your Kunzite jewellery before playing sports or doing other physical activities.
Moreover don’t expose it to constant sunlight which can fade its colour.
Kunzite Real vs Fake
- Start with the colour when determining whether kunzite gemstones are real or fake. A gemstone made of kunzite is either extremely pink or pinkish violet in colour. A light pink that is kunzite is quite uncommon to find.
- Whether the gemstone is embedded in jewellery or is on display alone, it should be highly pink to the naked eye. Most cutters will shape a kunzite stone’s face in such a way that the angle on top accentuates the stone’s richest, brightest pink.
- If possible, hold the gemstone in your hands and look at it from various perspectives. If you move the stone and notice that it has varied hues as you do so it states that it is a genuine kunzite
Final Thoughts on Kunzite
For everyone prepared to open their heart, accept inner peace, and go unhindered through the commotion and loudness, kunzite is the ideal stone! Kunzite is the perfect stone to guide you down the path to calm.
Life is full of ups and downs, and it takes strength to overcome them all to shield our fearful hearts. However, these obstacles may also keep our chance, confidence, and all the wonderful things that make us human. The stone to use to start tearing down those barriers and returning to a state of wonderment is kunzite.
Whether or not one genuinely believes in these beneficial effects, one thing is for certain: its beautiful pink with a tinge of violet emanates a peaceful serenity and prevents feelings of depression and worry from starting straight away. Fear of getting wounded can be lessened by kunzite. It suffuses the heart with the warmth of gentle compassion and the brilliance of universal love.
Summary of Kunzite Crystal
|Name of Crystal||Kunzite|
|Color(s)||Colorless, pink, lilac, yellow, green|
|Formation||in igneous rock|
|Majorly Found at||Brazil, Afghanistan, and Madagascar|
|Zodiac Suited for||Scorpio. Taurus, Leo|
|Healing Properties||Physical, Emotional, Spiritual benefits, feminine energy|
|Health Benefits||Heart, Circulatory system, reduce PMS effects, other female reproductive health|
|Types of Crystal||5|
|Uses||Jewelry, healing properties, feng shui stone|
|Goes in Water?||Yes|
|Goes in Salt Water?||No|
|Goes in Rain Water?||Yes|
|Goes in Moon Water?||Yes|
|Moh’s Scale||6.5 -7|
|Real||No decoloration in sunlight, pink to violet shade|
What is Kunzite good for?
Kunzite is good for several physical and emotional healing purposes. The reproductive system of females and hormone-related migraines may both benefit from kunzite treatment. It may be used to treat skin rashes brought on by chemical allergies and to lessen the side effects of anaesthetic medications. Apart from all this, it helps in relinquishing positive energy and harnessing love.
Is Kunzite a rare gemstone?
The pink-coloured kunzite stones are rather very rare to find and so is their price expensive. Kunzite is the youngest member of the Spodumene family, as it is recently discovered. Moreover, Kunzite has very few deposits available in the world.
What healing properties does Kunzite have?
The kunzite stone has magical healing properties that can help in creating an atmosphere of love, kindness and peace around you. Kunzite is used by a lot of people to develop profound, unconditional love, centre their thoughts, calm their fears, and increase self-expression. Other therapeutic features strengthen the heart muscle and circulatory system. It purifies the air with its beauty and aroma.
Is Kunzite a good stone?
Kunzite is a rare and very precious stone which has been finding its constructive effects in healing the cardiac (heart) muscles and boosting your circulatory system. Moreover, it enhances your love life by connecting with your loved ones. It helps in making your self-belief stronger thus preventing you from getting addicted to many ill habits.
How can you tell the real Kunzite?
Kunzite gemstones can be identified as true or false based on their colour. The colour of a genuine gemstone is either very pink or pinkish violet. Most kunzite stone cutters will shape the stone’s face such that the angle at the top emphasises the stone’s richest, brightest pink. When you hold the stone in your hand and look at it from various angles, you’ll see that it has a variety of colours, which distinguishes it as a real gemstone.
Is Kunzite a birthstone?
Pink Kunzite is considered one of the natural birthstones for those born in the middle of autumn, between October 22 and November 20. It is also believed that those born between December 21 and January 19 naturally receive the birthstone pale violet kunzite as their birthstone. Besides, kunzite is occasionally thought of as an alternative birthstone for February month.
What crystal is Kunzite?
Kunzite is the form of Mineral Spodumene. The name Spodumene is given to the colourless Kunzite. It is named after renowned gemologist George Frederick Kunz, who was the first to recognise it as a special form of spodumene. Manganese traces give kunzite its exquisite colour. San Diego County in California is a significant location for kunzite.
What stone is similar to Kunzite?
Morganite and Pink Tourmaline are stones similar to Kunzite. Even sometimes, morganite and kunzite can be discovered in the same mines. Kunzite tends to be a more purplish pink while morganite has a warm pink shade. Also, morganite is much harder than kunzite.