Bloodstone is from the family of Chalcedony. The meaning of Bloodstone is energy and clears out negative strength. The regular coloring of Bloodstone is dark and fresh, with bright red markings at the surface.
Let us see how Bloodstone collaborates with numerous sorts of water like regular water, saltwater, and moon water.
Can Bloodstone Go in the Water?
Bloodstone is water secure. It is polycrystalline and, within reason, solid and resistant to fractures and chipping. As Bloodstone is a form of quartz, it has a hardness of 6-7 at the Mohs scale.
What happens to Bloodstone when we place it in water?
- Though we have said that it is safe to put Bloodstone in water, it is with certain conditions. We generally recommend against soaking the stone in water baths for an extended period.
- Putting minerals in water for long periods can also lead to cracks in the gemstone and even make it more accessible for the stone to break.
- Bloodstone’s characteristic red streaks are usually the effect of compositions of iron oxide. Whenever you place any metal in water, over time, it starts to rust.
- It can lead to deformed changes in the stone’s color, particularly noticeable if your stone is in light shade or translucent. The rust, once formed, is tough to remove. And finally, water usually messes with the shiny finish of a polished stone if left for an extended time.
- Once you have your Bloodstone and know about its best uses, it’s time to understand how to care for it. We recommend washing your Bloodstone every few days to maintain its healing properties.
Can Bloodstone go in Saltwater?
We recommend that a once-in-a-while saltwater soak can discharge negativity and be just as helpful. Along with fresh water, saltwater has long been an effective way to remove negativity and absorb the collected energies.
If you live near the ocean, immerse your stone in a bowl of saltwater or quickly clean the crystal Or else you can take a tablespoon of sea salt, put it in a bowl of water, and fully submerge your Bloodstone. Then, you can dip it for a few hours and once again always dry it when finished.
Can Bloodstone go in Moon Water?
Full moonlight is also used for cleansing and charging the various crystals. However, few people have a habit of burying their crystal under a full moon to take help of the moon’s magnetic forces and the combination of the earth’s energies.
You also place your crystal in the direct light of the moon. You can arrange your crystal in the water bowl and keep it under the moonlight for a few hours. Moonlight will recharge and cleanse your stone at any point; Natural light can recharge your Bloodstone, especially under pure moonlight. The full moon will provide a more excellent cleansing quality than any other part of the lunar cycle.
Can Bloodstone go in the Sunlight?
You can ritually cleanse your crystal in natural light, depending on the lunar and solar cycle. If deciding to go with sunlight, setting your Bloodstone directly on soil is best, and leave it out for a few hours and wash and dry it.
You can also present the direct sunlight by putting it directly on the earth and cleaning it for a few hours.
Can Bloodstone go in running water?
Running water is the most powerful way to neutralize any negative energies collected in your Bloodstone and deliver them directly to the earth.
Although you may try to find access to natural running water such as a river or stream, which is by far the most powerful, you could rinse your Bloodstone using a tap. Make sure it’s fully submerged, and always dry it when you finish.
How to purify Bloodstone Crystal?
- You can begin a relationship with a new crystal by cleansing it first. However, you can also perform cleansing at any time to refresh the crystal, clear it of any extra harmful energies, and recharge it.
- All gemstones are sure to profit from staying cleansed and charged so they can radiate at the best of their power. However, being a highly protective stone means that the Bloodstone can clean up negative energy and toxic vibes.
- Keeping protective stones cleansed is even more critical as you want to ensure that those heavy vibes are washed away. Do not use any kinds of detergents or cleaning products, which can eventually damage the surface of your gemstone.
- One of the simple and effective ways to clean your Bloodstone to remove the harmful energy build-up is simply placing it on a large piece of quartz.
- Brown rice-This method may seem strange, but this method is very effective in removing negative energy safely. Very effective at cleansing blood; all you have to do is bury your stone in brown rice. Do not use the rice after cleansing.
- By mixing with other stones- The cleaning method of Bloodstone is not mainly separate from cleaning other types of gemstones like quartz or tourmaline; All you have to do is place it in a glass container and add enough sea salt on top. Then, after a few days, you remove it and clean it very well.
- Moonlight–It is necessary to leave it exposed to the full moon’s light for a whole night to load or activate your Bloodstone; After this, you can use it again to continue protecting yourself.
- Deep clean-For a deep clean, you can drop your Bloodstone in the soil and then let mother nature get to work on bringing those toxins out. Keeping it on the earth will also work to bring it a refreshed sense of charge.
Can you drink Bloodstone-infused water?
Bloodstone can make a simple and easy elixir by putting a gemstone into easy spring or mineral water. Clean and rinse the gemstone first and keep it inside the water for an hour or two.
Just drink the water, make it into tea, add to bath water or dab it on affected pores and skin. You can sprinkle the water in the room to refresh yourself.
Note: Be reminded that a few gemstones aren’t appropriate for being used as elixirs and may be poisonous. Take care.
Healing properties of Bloodstone Crystal
- Bloodstone is known as an excellent healing stone used for thousands of years for its restorative properties. In addition, it is often used to purify and detoxify the body.
- Bloodstone has been used to improve energy and strength. It eliminates energy blockages, which produces a smooth and constant energy flow throughout the body.
- Bloodstone is an energy cleanser that purifies the blood and detoxifies the liver, kidneys, and spleen. It benefits all blood rich organs and improves blood flow. In addition, Bloodstone cleanses lower chakras, realigning the energies.
If you are very interested in reading more about the very amazing Bloodstone, click here and read.
- Water is a universal cleaner. One of the best Bloodstone cleansing methods is to place it under running water as natural freshwater is exceptional, completely submerging it and drying it.
- Ocean water also works well for a fantastic clean of your gemstone. If there is no availability, then spring water or lake water, then filtered water also can work nicely, as long as the water is directly from nature or clean and filtered well.
- Place the glass for your windowsill, preferably going through the south, to get exposed to the sun’s rays.
- Many people want a full moon to clean and charge the crystals, but the moonlight works wonders to refresh your gemstone. Moonlight is immense energy to set your intention for what you wish to convey to your loving crystal.
- Placing it with a Green or Red Candle will also be an exceptional way to clear and charge Bloodstone. Your bloodstone birthstone can be easily wiped clean at home with soapy water, and a soft brush.
- However, it is essential to hold your Bloodstone away from harsh chemicals and hot temperatures.
- Dry off this March birthstone immediately after cleaning it. To maintain the stone from getting scratched (it’s 6.5–7 on the Mohs scale), it’s very crucial to keep your Bloodstone birthstone in a smooth fabric.
- Bloodstone can enhance intuition and creativity and may be used to fight fatigue, irritability, and confusion. Therefore, it is ideal for maintaining a Bloodstone in any place that needs its energy cleansed.
- Kindly share this article with your loved ones.