There are numerous varieties of crystals available. It is believed that crystals do have a large healing capacity that heals not only the mind and body but also has an effect on our spirituality and emotions. In truth, crystal healing was a widely held belief in many ancient cultures, such as Egypt, Greece, and China. To know all about crystal healing, will take a lot of time but we have got you covered as we have for you the best crystals for beginners.
According to some, crystals have positive energy-flowing properties and can help you eliminate negative energy from your body and mind for emotional and physical benefits. It is crucial to understand crystals and their meaning for beginners and the fact that there is hardly any scientific data to back up the use of crystals. Today’s market offers a full alphabet of crystals, from amethyst to zincite.
It is critical to comprehend the origins of the rituals we practice as well as the stones that are most effective for each aim. Before indulging in this world research crystals and chakras for beginners. You can choose the ideal stone for your aim with the aid of this crystals guide for beginners on 9 potent healing stone kinds and their characteristics.
The 9 Best Crystals for Beginners
1. Citrine (For Happiness)
Citrine is a happy and present-minded crystal. Holding one serves as a gentle reminder to be truly mindful and appreciate the world as it is. It serves as an excellent crystal to buy for beginners.
It is an excellent stone for manifesting and inspires us to pursue our goals, maintain a positive outlook, and live in appreciation. It is a potent crystal to utilize during breathwork and is connected to the solar plexus chakra. Read about all the benefits of Citrine here.
How to use Citrine?
- Stand barefoot and hold a piece of citrine in your hands, or put one on your navel.
- Focus on your goals whilst keeping your eyes closed.
- Put that target in your imagination and let it dangle a few feet in front of you in a clear balloon.
- Visualize electrifying flames starting to flicker upward and outward from your citrine stone as they gradually transform the balloon’s clean tint into a bright, blazing orange.
- Blow the glistening balloon away with a puff to the place where tasks are always completed on time and aspirations are always realized.
- Don’t forget to express thanks to your crystal when you’re through; this is a crucial last step since it disconnects your energy from the crystal.
2. Malachite (For Confidence)
Malachite is a mineral made of copper carbonate and hydroxide that can be found all over the world. It is most common in the Russian Ural mountains. Other notable locations where it has been discovered include Mexico, Australia, the Congo, Gabon, Zambia, and Namibia.
Malachite is a lovely emerald-colored stone that will grant you bravery and fortitude to overcome any anxieties or cynicism you may have about money. With this stone nearby, we are reminded that we deserve abundance and have the ability to obtain it, even though sometimes we are the largest obstacle in the way of it. What is Malachite good for, read here.
How to use Malachite?
Hold a malachite stone over your heart to utilize it as a tool for summoning the confidence you need to live the life you want. You can use it for manifesting with crystals for beginners. You may want to ask yourself questions like:
- What does my heart seek?
- What inspires passion in me?
- How can I match my interests and my financial objectives?
Malachite can help you to seek the answers to the above. You can receive direction on how to proceed from malachite by knowing yourself deeply.
Suggested Reading: Emerald Crystal Meaning, Healing Properties, Benefits and Uses
3. Clear Quartz (For Clarity)
Like citrine, quartz is a crystalline mineral that may be found worldwide. Although it’s very unusual to discover pure quartz in the United States, Hot Springs, Arkansas, and upstate New York, the majority of the clear quartz you’ll find today originates from the Alps, Brazil, Japan, and Madagascar.
One of the most sought-after stones in local shops and online is clear quartz. It is well-liked for a worthwhile purpose. It has a long history of being valued for its ability to balance the body and calm the min. Due to its clear tone, it can be used in a wide range of contexts. In light of this, if you’re new to the field of crystal healing, this is an excellent stone to start with.
How to use Clear Quartz?
- In your left hand—the feminine, receiving hand—hold the quartz.
- Shut your eyes.
- Declare aloud one thing you can do today to go closer to your financial objectives.
- From here, follow the quartz’s cues. What is required to make your ambitions a reality? Utilize the direction of clear quartz to develop a realistic, action-oriented plan.
4. Rose Quartz (For Love)
The pink, coarse-grained form of quartz known as rose quartz can be found all over the world. Although it has also been mined in Namibia, Mozambique, and Sri Lanka, most of the rose quartz you can buy today comes from Brazil, India, South Africa, and Madagascar.
The stone representing unwavering love and a popular choice among people when it comes to romance is rose quartz. It promotes forgiving others as well as ourselves, and it is connected to the heart chakra. The ability to love yourself and receive love from others with an open heart is nurtured and supported by this gem.
How to use Rose Quartz?
- Place your rose quartz over your heart.
- Count to six while inhaling deeply (the number six is frequently linked to love).
- As you breathe in, picture the stone sending forth love to heal your heart by removing grief and darkness.
- You might also wear a rose quartz necklace that hits your heart chakra directly for all-day love energy.
5. Black Tourmaline (For Positivity)
Black tourmaline is a crystalline mineral that is mostly mined in Brazil and other African nations, including Malawi, Tanzania, Kenya, Mozambique, and Nigeria. Additionally, it has been mined all throughout Asia in nations including India, Sri Lanka, and Indonesia.
If you’ve been experiencing an abundance of stagnating negative energy, black tourmaline is a fantastic choice. Whether it’s your house or office, it’s an excellent crystal for cleansing and creating a more positive ambiance. Additionally, it is thought to be a strong stone of protection with the capacity to ground any area.
How to use Black Tourmaline?
- It couldn’t be simpler to use black tourmaline to banish negativity.
- Simply lay it outside your front door, or if you have more than one, scatter it about your house’s interior corners.
- If you think there is negativity there, you can also bring it to your workspace or office.
- Keep it there for added security and inspiration.
6. Moonstone (For Emotional Support)
Moonstone is a member of the feldspar group of minerals and is sometimes known by the name hectolitre. It can be found all over the world, including in the United States, Australia, Madagascar, the Austrian Alps, and other places.
Overall, the Moonstone is a very empowering crystal because it is recognized for bringing emotional balance, enhancing focus, and aligning with the cycles of life. Additionally, it is thought to strengthen one’s relationship with the divine feminine and intense sentiments of nurturing, enlightenment, acceptance, and patience.
Moonstone encourages you to experience the freedom that is discovered by giving in to your wild side and following your passions. It serves as a potent healing crystal for beginners. Read about all the benefits of Moonstone here.
How to use Moonstone?
- Breathe deeply and, while holding a moonstone over your root chakra for around 60 seconds, picture the chakra’s center flashing vivid red.
- Feel negative energy being drawn away from your chakra center, down your legs, and out through the bottoms of your feet into the ground.
- Repeat the practice with the stone in your sacral chakra while picturing the color orange.
- Continue to see the solar plexus chakra as yellow, the heart chakra as green, the throat chakra as light blue, the third-eye chakra as indigo, and the crown chakra as violet.
- To finish the practice, inhale and exhale three times.
7. Black Obsidian (For Stability)
Black Obsidian typically originates in Central American nations with active volcanoes, such as Mexico and Guatemala. Additionally, it is dispersed across a number of South American nations, including Argentina, Chile, Ecuador, and Guatemala, as well as further north in Canada and the US.
If you require stability, black obsidian is a great option. It provides a relaxing and upbeat vibe that might assist you in maintaining perspective and hope. Additionally, it can aid in centering oneself, feeling in the moment, cleansing energy, and establishing a connection with the ground and our own bodies. Read about all the benefits of black Obsidian here.
How to use Black Obsidian?
- Keep your black obsidian close by and easy to access.
- You can put it in your pocket or pocketbook, on any particular day that you know may be emotionally tumultuous or otherwise unfounded.
- You can also keep one in your car as a reminder that you have the option of calm if you frequently find yourself in traffic or are prone to road rage.
8. Shungite (For Protection)
The biggest and oldest Shungite deposit is in northwest Russia, but there are also other deposits in Austria, India, Kazakhstan, and the Congo.
According to Karen Frazier, author of Crystals for Healing, Shungite is incredibly anchoring and is supposed to protect you from electromagnetic waves.
Its high vibration helps to bring your spiritual body down into the physical realm. It can also aid in your greater integration of cosmic wisdom and karmic lessons.
How to use Shungite?
- Simply wear some Shungite jewelry to maintain your balance.
- When you’re feeling overwhelmed, focus your attention on the spot where the stone touches your body, close your eyes, and concentrate on your breathing.
- Inhale for four counts, then hold your breath for four counts.
- Breathe out for four counts.
- This slow, deep breathing can help you find your core and bring about mental stillness.
Suggested Reading: Shungite Crystal Meaning: Healing Properties, Benefits and Uses
9. Black Jade (For Intuition)
Nephrite and jadeite are the two varieties of stones that fall under the category of black jade. This rare mineral, which is also occasionally termed black jadeite, is predominantly found in Burma and Guatemala. The most prevalent type of black jade, also known as nephrite jade, can be found on the West Coast of the United States.
Suggested Reading: Nephrite Meaning: Healing Properties, Benefits and Uses
Black jade can be a wonderful option if you want to sharpen your intuition and connect with what your highest self requires. It can assist in bringing your intuition to the fore so you can understand the reality behind whatever is happening, which can help you avoid troublesome individuals and circumstances.
How to use Black Jade?
- When you feel like you might need to put your intuition front and center, black jade is a wonderful gem to keep on hand.
- Bring it along whenever you need an instant oomph of intuition and clarity, whether you’re traveling, trying something new, meeting someone new, or in any other situation.
One of the finest methods to learn how gemstones improve your life and the various ways you can work with them is to get books on crystals for beginners.
Some claim that practically everything is achievable by the power of crystals through manifestation. There are even particular tactics, like the use of crystals, that could facilitate it. However, for proper results, you need to know how to use crystals for beginners.
It’s actually pretty easy to incorporate the gems in your collection into your daily life once you understand the fundamentals of each one. You can reach for your carnelian if you ever need confidence. Next, perhaps you want to feel more anchored, so you grab your obsidian. There is one thing you can be certain of: Regardless of what you require, a crystal will undoubtedly be available to support you while you pursue it.